Memo to Al Gore: We now have incontrovertible evidence that global warming is over. So says none other than the geniuses at the UK Meteorological Office (Met) and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (these are the guys that cooked the books to show the hockey stick effect of global warming a few years back in order to boost their research grants.) But is gets worse, they say their latest research “confirms that the rising trend in world temperatures ended in 1997.”
Now they claim we are nearing the end of one of the predictable 11 year solar cycles and are about to enter cycle 25. Only this time is going to get cooler not warmer! If you saved your old Time magazines you might remember this same headline back in the 1960s when the geniuses of the time predicted a new ice age was upon us. So before you put away your waders since the seas may not be rising and log onto LL Bean in search for ice skates or snow shoes—just wait this claptrap like the weather will change.
Met issued a paper issued last week claiming there is a 92 per cent chance that both Cycle 25 and those taking place in the following decades will be as weak as, or weaker than, the ‘Dalton minimum’ of 1790 to 1830. In this period, average temperatures in parts of Europe fell by 2C. But it qualified its forecast saying it may be possible that the new solar energy slump could be as deep as the ‘Maunder minimum’ between 1645 and 1715 in the coldest part of the ‘Little Ice Age’ when, as well as the Thames frost fairs, the canals of Holland froze solid.
So does this mean we don’t need all these onerous greenhouse gas reduction regulations? In fact, we might want to stoke up all those coal plants to the max to warm the ole planet up a few degrees. Now imagine how many bureaucrats at the US EPA now have nothing constructive to do!
- Cycle 25 (davidscommonplacebook.wordpress.com)
- Okay You Global Warming Loons, Get Ready for the Next Ice Age! (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- New Figures Show No Global Warming For Last 15 Years (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
- Global warming? Did I say global warming? What I really meant to say was global freezing. (4simpsons.wordpress.com)
- Prepare for the Mini-Ice Age Ahead (lewrockwell.com)
- Don’t panic about global warming, buy a hat (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- IBD: When Global Warming Freezes Over (junkscience.com)